I haven't really posted about the adoption lately because, really, there's not too much to say!
Um....we're still waiting...
:)
Our home study is finished, our placement agency has all of our documents authenticated and ready to go to China, and we are just waiting for immigration approval here in the States. We got a letter last week saying that we need to go and have our fingerprints done on August 21st so that is good. After we get approval from USCIS, we will send that to our agency who will have it authenticated. Then...all of our documents will finally go to China and we will be DTC (Dossier to China!). This is a major step and I can't wait for that day!
While we are waiting, there has been lots going on. Some dear friends held a dinner/concert fundraiser for us this past weekend. We were so blown away by our friends and family who came out and so generously donated to our adoption. What a blessing!
Here's my dilemma. I think I can ask our agency for an update (which would include pictures) of Hannah, for $80, but I'm not sure if we can get more than one update during our wait. It is August now, and the only pictures we have of Hannah are from about December. I am dying to know what she looks like now!!!! But I also know we probably have another 6 months to wait. So I'm wondering, should we ask for an update now, or wait a few months? It's so hard to wait, but I'm thinking this wait is only going to get harder, and it might be nice to have that to look forward to...what do you think?

5 comments:
I vote you do it now :)
Love Mom
xxx
I vote to wait two months and then have a "new" pic for your Christmas cards :)
Write out a pro and con list with Brad and then pray and sleep on it for 3 nights ..... and then do the list again..... if that's no good take your Mom's advice. Moms always know best.
i have no advice about the update, but i can tell you that our fingerprints were done on a tuesday and we recieved notice of our approval THAT saturday. QUICK! hope that's encouraging for you!
I've been thinking of you and praying as you wait for your girl! I vote for getting the update soon. It's amazing how those photos can carry you through!
Post a Comment