Life with two toddlers is busy, busy, busy! It seems like every moment from waking to sleeping is filled with activity :) I am thankfully starting to feel much better, which is good if I am ever going to keep up with these two little guys!
I am feeling so happy and thankful today. I can see so much obvious change in our family over the last week and it makes me breathe easier. I feel so reassured that we are not only going to survive this, but that God is making us into a real little family. Nathan is such a joy and adding him to our family has brought such blessings into our lives. Granted, it was hard to see that at first :) But every day the blessings are becoming more obvious and the challenges are fading away.
My Mom and my sister have been here this week to help me and it has been so wonderful. I really love having people clean up my kitchen while I take a nap :) I actually took the boys on a trip to the store the other day by myself and I'm feeling more and more confident that I'll be able to handle this alone soon.
Sleep has continued to be our biggest challenge, but I feel like we're making progress in that department too. It seems to be a two step forward, one step back kind of thing, but gradually it is getting better. Last night Nathan slept in his crib from 8pm until 7am, waking up once for about 45 minutes and crying on and off. Brad and I are taking turns sleeping in the boys' bedroom right now and Nathan is starting to be able to be comforted more by us when we put our hand through the crib rails. That is the best night's sleep we've had since he arrived! It makes a big difference to get some sleep.
Something else that has me smiling - I am really enjoying watching these two little boys become brothers. It's funny but seeing Nathan climbing all over Matthew (and Matthew not minding) is one of my favorite things!
Back to the action! I think Nathan is trying to ride the dog like a horse again...sigh.

1 comments:
Warms my heart Rachel. Glad the boys are becoming brothers- how special.
Post a Comment