It has been hot hot HOT around here the last few days! So to battle the heat, we have been having lots of fun in the backyard kiddie pool and sprinkler. The boys just love the water!
The heat didn't stop us from having lots of fun at a local hot air balloon event. It was free this year for the first time in a while so we couldn't resist...neither could everyone else in our city, apparently! It was crazy packed but really cool to see all the hot air balloons. The boys were very excited to see them go up.
Both of the boys spent the night pointing up in the air at the balloons. A favorite was a balloon that looked like a teddy bear.
I must admit that we haven't been spending all that much time outdoors since it's so hot (except to go in the pool and eat watermelon), so I find myself trying to fill a lot of hours here in the house. The boys were up at 6am today and I literally thought to myself, "Okay, 6 hours until naptime...what are we going to do for SIX HOURS????"
We managed to fill the time though and when I couldn't take Little Hurricane making a mess anymore I pulled out the kids table and we did some coloring, puzzles, and played "Memory". Well, Matthew and I played while Nathan chewed on some of the cards :) It was good to have a little bit of down time and we will be doing that again tomorrow for sure!
These boys sure are lots of fun!!!!

4 comments:
Hot, hot, hot! It's rainy, rainy, rainy here in Colorado.
I have always wanted to go to the hot air jubilee. A hot air balloon ride is on my bucket list!
That is awesome that you got to go to the hot air balloon thing. I think I remember it being expensive to get into before, yay for free.
Your boys are SO adorable!
Also, I think we have the same stroller!
Oh my! Those 2 at that little table together...so sweet!
Hot summer days...we are having them up here too. We go swimming a lot on the days we have at home together. Those hot air balloons are great! We just read a Curious George book about hot air balloons and I wish D could see them in person. I love them!
Post a Comment