I. Love. Running.
That's all there is to it. I am hooked.
There is something so great about races. I love to look around and see all the different people at races. Some of them are obviously going to finish way before me. Some of them look confident and toned and ready to go. But a lot of them look just like me. A little nervous, sort of unsure about themselves, wondering how they are going to do. I love that all kinds of people come out to races. Fast people, slow people, big people, little people, kids (lots of them passed me today), walkers (yep, some of them passed me today, too!)...
The best thing about it is that everyone cheers you on. People are friendly and positive and happy. Races are high-energy, exciting places to be.
So while my time was terrible (and will not even be posted on this blog!) and it was cold and rainy, I had the best time tonight! Wonderful memories, fun with friends, and I finished the race. And for me, that is good enough :)
My only regret - that I do not have a picture of me with my sister, Joanna, who came to support me and who kept me from throwing up before the race (why get nervous about a race you are obviously not going to win? I have no idea!). She was taking all the pictures and when I got home I realized I didn't take any with her in them. But she's in all my memories!!!



And now...on to the next challenge!

1 comments:
Looks like you had lots of fun. I would like to attend some of your races in the future. Again good job.
Love,
Mom H.
Post a Comment