Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On the Run and Shopping Fun

Yesterday I finally sent in my entry for a 5k race that is this Friday. For some reason I have been having trouble committing to it. I think it's because I know I am not going to be able to do all that well in it. I'm trying to go into it with the attitude that I just want to run the whole thing. My sister, Joanna, kindly came with me last night for a 3 mile run (she rollerbladed, and Brad walked the dog).  It is so much better with company :)  I did another 3 miles today, so hopefully I'll be good to go by Friday.  I'm not into the training yet for the half marathon - that starts mid June - but I am in the pre-training phase and trying to get back into a regular routine of running. (Maybe my goal for this race should be to have a picture of me that looks like I'm actually running instead of leisurely walking...!)


After running, there are really only two things I feel like doing: eating, and shopping.  In that order.  So, after dinner Brad and I hit the stores in search of some special items.

When we receive our referral, we will be able to send a little care package to the foster family that is taking care of our child.  Now,  knowing myself as I do, I'm pretty sure that once that call comes in, my brain is going to turn to mush and I am not going to be able to think clearly at all.  Since I need something to occupy myself right now, we have been looking for items that we could send to our baby :)  One thing we have been looking EVERYWHERE for is a little baby photo book that we can put a few pictures of me and Brad and our families in.  We finally found the perfect one tonight at Toys R Us:

When we looked a little closer, we noticed that they even had the word "Photo" written in some kind of Chinese or Korean character (at least I hope that is what it says...!!!)

Someone had also suggested getting a blanket and sleeping with it for a few nights and then sending it so that your baby can get used to your smell.  We found this super cute blanket but don't worry, we won't start sleeping with it until we get the referral call - that might make it kind of stinky!

It's kind of funny - usually I am a very cheap, stick to the budget kind of person...but when it comes to baby stuff...uh oh is all I can say!!!

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Cute Stuff! Sleeping with the blanket is such a good idea! I may have to do that myself!

Anonymous said...

Watch out, it is just the beginning of breaking the budget. I love the idea of sending a package to our baby, what can I do to help with that? I was at the dentist office yesterday and the entire time (even while she was cleaning my teeth) we talked about her adoptions from S. Korea and our baby. She has some wonderful stories and ideas to share. I am so excited....can do tell?
Love you very much.
Mom H.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Aww! I love these ideas! That photo book is amazing! Can't get much more perfect than that!

Anonymous said...

This is only the start of the $ you will spend to spoil that baby! I was a shop-aholic for myself that is until Emma and Benjamin and now I cant go to a store without buying something for each. And it is only a matter of time before there is another little one that will be very spoiled buy Uncle Josh and Aunt Amanda.

Tamara said...

There is just something about buying your baby things, and thoughts of a budget goes out the window!

Megan said...

Cute and fun baby stuff! That is so cool that you can send a package and that smelly blanket thing is a great idea. That photo album is perfect too!