It is hard to believe that it has been 11 years since I finished high school. When I was 18, I left for college, ready to take on the world. As the old Dixie Chicks song goes, I needed "Wide Open Spaces," so I headed West to Colorado, wanting an adventure and excitement and a new life. My future stretched out before me and I imagined so many possibilities of where I would go and what I would do. That first year of Bible college was amazing, and it allowed me to really make my faith my own. It is funny to look back on who I was then: in some ways so brave and adventurous, moving across the country all on my own, but in other ways just a scared, homesick girl wondering what in the world I was thinking and wishing I could just be back home again!
One of the hardest things about leaving was being away from my little sisters. My youngest sister, Sarah, was just 7 years old when I left for college. Look at that little cutie (and try to ignore the fact that at 18 I am wearing a Winnie-the-Pooh t-shirt) and you can imagine I didn't want to let her go.

Sarah will always be my little sister...even when she's all grown up. And she'll always be a cutie :) Last week, she was here to take the ACT at the nearby university she will be attending in the Fall. Yep, my baby sister is now standing on the edge, ready to take that plunge into adulthood that is so wonderful, so scary, so exciting...

I cannot wait for the Fall, to have both of my sisters close by again. The way it should be!

1 comments:
That will be so much fun to have both of your sisters near!
Post a Comment