Two things to tell you about today: adoption (surprise, surprise!) and running.
First of all, we went to a wonderful adoption meeting last night. It has been so great to connect with other families who are waiting, as well as families who have been through the process and now have their children home. It is good to be reminded that I will not be in the waiting forever!!! One day our little one will be home. And actually, after talking with some people last night, it is starting to sound like it may only be a few more months until we get to see the face of our child!!! The closer we get to that day, the sloooooowwwwwweeeeerrrr time seems to move. So unfair!
In the meantime, I am keeping busy with lots of good things. Now that the headaches are under control, I am back to running. It is hard not to be discouraged, because it is once again difficult and I have lost most of the fitness I seemed to have gained last fall (which wasn't much...but at least it was something!). I can now be seen plodding around the streets near my house, and though it may appear to most that I am out for a stroll, I am in fact, pretending to be a runner. I ran 3 miles yesterday, and 3 miles again today. I am planning to do 5k next Friday. Training starts next month for the half marathon. I am currently uncertain about how I feel about this :)
But on the bright side, it does give me something to think about other than the fact that I want my baby home NOW!!! :)

5 comments:
Praying praying praying that you will see your little one's face very soon!!
I ran yesterday for the first time in a month. Maybe we could run together on Sat. or Sun. I am not even close to 3 miles, but I did do 7r/3w/5r yesterday. Not bad for taking the winter off!
Glad your meeting went well!
hey I didn't know you were doing a half! Jared and I want to do one in July in Missoula MT. Where is yours at? You can do it...and the Lord is just creating this amazing anticipation in your heart for your child to give you more love:)
3 Miles! You go girl! Happy Friday!
Hey Rach, I've been biking over the last few years and loving it. However, this year I thought I could start running as well. I'm looking to do a try-a-tri (are you familiar with those?) - but not until next year I think. I just started running last week (although I think some walkers could pass me at times!) and can only do 2k right now but hope to increase that over the summer. When you started did you have a plan as how much to increase and by when or did you just do what felt right?
Post a Comment