Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ten Question Thursday

Questions I have been asking myself this week...

1. Why do I keep finding myself humming obscure Christmas carols? For example, the other day as I stepped into the shower I hummed to myself, "Up on the rooftops, reindeer pause..." WHY?????

2. Who decided on 5k for a standard race distance? And why couldn't they pick 2k (or even 3k if they really wanted a challenge)? 1k has a nice ring to it...

3. Why is it that I like hot tea, but not iced tea...and I like iced coffee, but not hot coffee? I am a mixed up British Canadian living in America.

4. My new favorite activity for 1:30am is navigating the trecherous obstacle course of dog bones, squeaky animals, and chew toys in our living room in the dark while carrying a dog. Why can't I just put the toys away before going to bed? Just my unwavering optimism I suppose, as I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe, tonight will be the night when I get to reach the REM sleep stage.

5. Howcome when I bought a package of 100 calorie brownies, they were each the size of a fingernail? That does not seem fair.

6. Why don't they spread out the Olympic events so that the Olympics lasts longer and so that I don't have to stay up until midnight EVERY NIGHT? Who do I talk to about that?

7. A mosquito family decided to bite my right leg all at the same time. Was it a planned attack, or am I just lucky?

8. Why don't I swing my arms when I rollerblade? (more on this one later!)

9. Why don't I ever charge my phone until it dies in the middle of a conversation? (I'm sure there are a few people also wondering this!)

10. Why does Brad like banana-filled things so much? This week it was banana-flavored filling in Twinkies and Oreos that got his attention. Gross. The banana flavor should stay where God intended it to be - IN THE BANANA!

1 comments:

Tamara said...

I have an answer to #1. It is because you are more like me than you think! :)