Thursday, August 07, 2008

It's Okay, You Can Laugh

While in Seattle, Brad and I made an interesting discovery. We were at the top of the Space Needle, and found they had these cool computer things that told you all kinds of info about Seattle. It was there that we first saw her.

I had to laugh to see that I shared my name with this lovely brass pig! Brad was quite amused and I had to get him to tone down his laughter since other people were trying to enjoy the Space Needle .

Rachel lives at the Pike Place Market and is a giant piggy bank. I guess she raises a lot of money each year for charities. At least she's a good pig!

Brad and I found a t-shirt that says "Rachel the Pig" across the top and has a picture of her on it. The money was out of Brad's hand and the t-shirt was in mine before I even knew what was happening.

This week at work, Brad was telling his (guy) coworkers this story. He said they were very concerned and promptly asked if I was laughing about it too! He assured them I was.

Rachel the Pig, I will never forget you.

2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

I believe a picture of you wearing the shirt needs to be posted!

Rachel said...

I agree! The shirt is a must!