Look at me, blogging from my HOUSE!!!! We finally got the internet and I am very excited. Blogging just got much easier.
What to write, what to write.
Well, I am extremely tired because Daisie has somehow gotten all off schedule. I think she is just too excited about the Olympics. She now takes an evening nap around 9pm, but likes to wake up in time for swimming or gymnastics (those are her favorites). We have been up until at least 1am the last couple of nights.

This is Daisie watching women's gymnastics the other night. She would sit for ages watching it and we finally managed to get some pictures.
When I try to take her to bed (which is like 2 or 3 hours after Brad has gone to bed) it goes something like this:
(Me in a hushed whisper) Daise, lay down. Daise, I said lay down.
(The whisper gets more desperate). Daisie, NO. Stop biting my le....OW STOP THAT (shouting whisper). {Side note - We are currently experiencing the joys of a puppy who is teething}
(Brad groans and rolls over)
(Me back to my hushed whisper) Lay down, Daisie. Come on, snuggle down, you know you're tired, that's it, good gir.....NOOOOOO Daisie! OW! LAY DOWN!
And back we go to the living room for a few more hours of Olympic excitement.

This is Daisie the next morning. Brad keeps saying she is my kindred spirit because she HATES getting up in the morning. I say that maybe both of us would enjoy getting up in the morning if we weren't staying up UNTIL ONE IN THE MORNING! Of course, when morning rolls around and she snuggles up or looks all cute in a blanket, I forget all about our late night escapades and tell Daisie how much I love her.
Even though I've been tired, I have been doing a LOT of running. Last week I think I ran 5 days. A new Rachel record. Tonight friend Rachel and I are going to do the 5k course again. We'll probably walk a bit in the middle but we have been consistently running over 20 minutes straight before walking which is very good. When we get home, our husbands Brad and Chad are going running together. I never thought I'd see the day!
We are gearing up for our annual Nascar extraveganza (wow I have no idea how to spell that word!) and our friends Sue and Stan will be arriving on Thursday. Brad and Stan will be having Nascar fun while Sue and I enjoy our girl time. Should be lots of fun - and it has been good motivation for house cleaning!
I love blogging from home :)

1 comments:
I am so glad you can blog from home now! I wish I could stay up like Daisie to watch the Olympics. I wanted to watch so bad last night but I kept falling asleep. I guess I will have to ask Daisie for the recap of last night's events.
Post a Comment