What a whirlwind! We are back from vacation and I cannot believe how fast it sped by. Looking back, it was a fabulous vacation, but not particularly relaxing. It was so much fun and we got to do and see so many things, but now we feel like we need a vacation to recover from our vacation! Still, I don't think I would change any of it and I am so thankful for all the new experiences.
We started out in Seattle, where we did the "touristy" things like going up the Space Needle and going to a very cool market - more about that in the next post. Brad loved Seattle and said he wants to go back. I had fun but was much more excited to head to the mountains.
Next stop - Vancouver, British Columbia. A dear friend was getting married (apparently she hasn't told all her friends that she was getting married this summer so I'll post pictures later so as not to ruin the surprise...just in case!)
But, this is me and Brad at the wedding. Lovely day, nice and laid back, perfect weather, lots of laughter, backyard wedding. It was great and I'm so glad we were able to be there. My very favorite part...heading to the hills! I don't know what it is about mountains but I just LOVE them! I think I pretty much talked about moving to the mountains for the whole trip (don't worry, Mom, just talk). They just make me remember how big God is and how little I am. We were able to go to the top of Grouse Mountain and see some incredible views.
We were also able to visit with some of my family while we were there - my Uncle Malcolm and Aunt Val, and two of my three cousins (Ian, sitting beside me, and Anna sitting across from him with her fiance Brian). I have seen Uncle Malcolm a few times in the last few years but I had not seen the others in 20 years! It was so good to do some catching up with them and I hope it won't be 20 years before I see them again.
I have more to share but it will have to wait.
I think this layout has to go, too. Turns out I don't actually like it that much!

1 comments:
Fun to see glimpses of your trip! I agree with you about the mountains! So majestic and reflective of God's power. Amazing that if we have faith as a mustard seed we could mover one... :)
Post a Comment