Friday, September 27, 2013

I Should Get A Sticker


I should get a sticker for surviving this morning.  Unbearably loud, screaming children.  A 2-year-old who knows what she wants and who makes my least favorite sound in the whole world when she doesn't get it.  I was feeling on the edge of losing it by 9am.  Not good.

I loaded everybody into the van and just drove.  They still weren't quiet...but at least they couldn't hit each other :) We needed a few things from the store and they are usually pretty well-behaved in public so we wandered the aisles and picked up milk and bananas.  Hannah wanted to walk but I wouldn't let her out of the cart...and the noise began.  I gritted my teeth and headed for the checkout.

I heard behind me, "Somebody's tired!" but didn't realize at first that the comment was directed my way.  I turned and saw three older ladies smiling at me and my cart full of children.  I smiled then turned and continued on, wondering to myself, "Did they mean Hannah...or me?!?"

Some days this job is exhausting.  Some days I feel like these little ones are sucking the life out of me!  After a snack (for them), a huge coffee (for me), a little more driving and an hour outside, things are looking a little better :)






Here's to hoping we are in for a better afternoon!!

1 comments:

Yvonne said...

I've had those days...and still do. Hoping that your afternoon is going a bit better!! (and isn't it amazing how our sleep is directly related to how the day goes??)