I never thought I'd be able to say this, but I survived tent camping with three little children!
Phew! That was a lot of work!!! But it was a lot of fun, too, and I'm really glad we did it. I think that we will try again next summer for sure and it will be even easier with the kids being a little older.
We found a great campsite that was private, surrounded by trees, and separated from other campers. Plus there was a ton of sand everywhere and it was like a giant sandbox for the kids.
The kids absolutely loved camping! Matthew actually cried when we left because he was enjoying it so much. Hannah wandered around with snacks and was as happy as could be.
The kids were crazy excited about this little hill that went up from our campsite to the van. They ran up and down it about a million times laughing and screaming. I'm not sure how it could be so much fun to keep running up hill, but it sure kept them happy!
Speaking of happy...this is what happened when I asked Brad to give me his best, "I love camping!" smile. Crazy guy!
Matthew looks like he's in a bit of a chocolate coma!
Who could have guessed that sand and dirt with a bucket and shovel could occupy these little ones for hour and hours?
Our littlest camper :)
All in all it was a great time! Sleep was not terrible (it was a bit cold) and we ended up coming home early because of rain, but we were all glad we went. I'm looking forward to more camping adventures next year!

2 comments:
That looks like sooo much fun! I miss camping! I'm proud of you for taking them all out and hope you can create a lot of fun camping memories in the future!
I'm so glad you all had so much fun!! Camping with kids is a lot of fun. It's work too, but my biggest challenge is adjusting to the pace of camping (as in - everything seems to take longer than I think it should!) But I am always amazed that the little things keep them happy for the longest time - I think that is one of the blessings of camping.
Post a Comment