Thursday, September 05, 2013

A Perfect{ly} Normal Day

Today was a totally normal day...

And it was a really great normal day.

No big plans,

Left the house once (to grocery shop),

Had a headache that put me on the couch being

totally unproductive during the kids' rest time,

And yet it was a lovely day.

We had a visit from my sister and her new baby.

The kids have been thrilled to have another new cousin!

My sister had a baby girl a month ago and Hannah absolutely adores her.

We introduced Hannah to Isabella by telling her

this was her new best friend :)

I think Hannah agrees!

She lights up when she sees her and loves to hold her.

I can't wait to see these two grow up together!



We have had the best weather the last few days

and we've been soaking up every minute of it!

Playing in the yard...



Having some little impromptu photo shoots...


Spending hours in the sunroom...


These little ones have become not only siblings

but best friends over the last 7 months.

Seeing them play together, laugh together, make up stories,

help each other, care about each other...

it's amazing.

We are leaving for a 2 night camping trip tomorrow (if the weather cooperates!) and we had two little chairs...and three little kids.  Yesterday the kids and I stopped in at Goodwill and happened upon a third chair that was exactly like the other two (except it's got Mickey and Minnie on it instead of Cars!).  It was only $2 - how great is that?  Matthew was most excited about a Nerf gun we found for $1.  

The sunroom is full of stuff to take camping and it's feeling more overwhelming to pack for this than it was to pack for 2 weeks in China!  Seeing the boys' excitement about it makes it all worth it though.  Hopefully I'll still feel that way in a few days!!



2 comments:

Britt said...

I Loved Camping as kids and have the best memories so I hope you have a blast!!!

Yvonne said...

Have a great time camping!! (and I agree about the packing!!)