In our meeting with Nathan's foster mother, they asked us about our plans for the rest of the week. We told them that in two days (on Sunday) we were scheduled to fly to Jeju Island, which is south of South Korea.
The ladies looked us each other then asked if we knew about the typhoon. We sort of laughed and said that yes, we had heard they had just had one. No, they replied, did we know about the typhoon that was coming on MONDAY????
Um, nope, didn't know about that.
We got back to the hotel, found an English news station, and...


Oh dear, a typhoon. Coming straight for South Korea.
I will admit it, I had a bit of a freak out. On the inside. What would we do? Would our tour be cancelled? I didn't think we could change our tickets home. Where would we stay? Good grief!
Thankfully the hotel staff here have been amazing. They called and talked to several people for us, and this morning we found out our tour is still scheduled. We have been praying and praying about if we should go, and we have decided to go as planned. The typhoon is going to be very large when hitting Okinawa but they are forecasting that it will lose most of its power before it gets to Korea (down to a category one). This means it will probably be a lot of rain (rather than very high winds). We believe it is safe enough to go and we would hate to miss out on seeing all of Korea. Plus we don't really have money to pay for a hotel in Seoul for a week!!
I feel at peace about going and I am glad that it seems to be working out for us to go. Things were very uncertain and stressful for the last 24 hours and I'm glad we know what is happening. We know our lives are in God's hands wherever we go and we don't feel like we're taking an excessive risk. I know it may be hard for our families who are back home worrying about us but we pray they will know God's peace as well. We hope to still be able to blog as we begin the tour!!

We are having so much fun and I love Korea so much already!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:
Korea is just baptizing you. :) So fun. Stay dry.
My students tell me Jeju island is amazing. Hope you make it there and can enjoy it.
I'm just giddy that YOU.ARE.IN.KOREA!!!
Praying for you!
Post a Comment