Monday, September 24, 2012

Home and Celebrating!

After a long day of traveling, we finally arrived home yesterday evening!

To say I was happy to see my boys is a huge understatement.  It felt like a piece of me was missing the whole time we were away.

I was disappointed to not be able to blog much from Korea so I am hoping to share some memories over the coming weeks.  It felt like we were there for months because we went so many places and experienced so many things!  It was an emotional, amazing, exhausting, wonderful 11 days and I will never forget the people we met and all I learned.

Today has been a little rough - you know how it is, you come home exhausted, have a ton of laundry and unpacking to do, you want to just sit with the kids and hug them all day, it's 1pm but feels like 2am...just a weird day!  Our kids handled our being away better than I expected, although Nathan did really struggle.  This morning he was really emotional and kept having melt-downs over nothing, but after a good nap he seemed much happier.  

We had lots of reasons to celebrate today - not only did we get to come home to our kids, but today is my Mom's birthday, and Matthew's Family Day!  Three years ago we met our little guy, and I became a Mom.  It was really special being at the airport yesterday where 3 years ago we first got to hold him, and to think about the long journey he made to join our family.


Matthew has blown me away with how well he handled our being gone.  He seems so grown up to me.  He kept coming up to me today and saying, "I just need some Mama lovin'!" and we would just cuddle and cuddle until he was ready to get down.  He is so sweet and precious and I can't believe I get to be his Mom!


More about Korea to come...I still can't believe I was just in Korea.... :)

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

welcome home! and happy family day!!

Wendi said...

Love your blog!:)

Barry/ Amy said...

Yah for the news about Hannah!!!! Happy Family day to Matthew and mom and dad!!! Glad you made it safely home!!!