Thursday, April 12, 2012

An "All Over the Place" Kind of Post

Yesterday we said good-bye to our trusty Malibu...


And said hello to our beautiful new (to us) minivan!

She definitely isn't new.

There are quite a lot of miles on this van.

But we think she's pretty fabulous!


I mean, doors that open by themselves?

A dvd player that magically stops all screaming children?

Seats that fold down, room for our huge stroller, the list just goes on and on.

Plus, we got a great deal which is always a good thing,

and is especially great when you're adopting.

Again.

Speaking of which, we are moving right along with the adoption!

Starting our home study next Tuesday,

almost halfway through the collection of our dossier documents.

Yes, good things are happening!

This is a totally random post.

Easter was wonderful!

The boys looked very dashing in their little suits.

Even if we did have a "black dress shoes" crisis

Just moments before leaving for church :)

Hence the sneakers!


We celebrated with family

and I found my heart was pierced in a way it never has been before

as I thought about the cross

and all that Christ has done for us.

Forgiveness.

Grace.

Hope.

The amazing truth that has changed my life inside and out.

It's not just for Easter.

Every day I find my need for God deepening.

I cannot do this without Him, and I don't want to try.

For the big things, and for the small day-to-day challenges,

His grace is sufficient.

We are still trying to get this little one well.


This was Matthew at 5am this morning.

So itchy he had woken up 5 or 6 times already.

Unbearable.

It is so hard to not be able to fix it for him.

But you know what he says to me every single time he is crying

about being hurt, or itchy, or sad, or sick?

"Shall we pray, Mama?"

He is teaching me to run to God with everything.

To trust that even if we are still in pain, God will help us, comfort us, love us.

He will make it better or give us the strength to endure.

My heart has been so heavy for so many we love

who are facing such trials right now.

People close to us who have lost loved ones this week.

My Dad having another surgery on his eye a few days ago.

Brad's Dad recovering from surgery.

There is much pain in this life,

but this is not the end.

There is hope in Christ,

and for those who trust in Him there is eternity with Him to look forward to,

with no more pain, no more tears, no more good-byes.

And the more I see of pain, and tears, and good-byes,

the more I realize what amazingly good news that is.



Yes, its something to smile about indeed!

2 comments:

Arlona said...

Rachel, I enjoyed your post. Speaking of the adoption, will you have need for any crib mattresses or a youth bed? My daughter has a bed and 2 mattresses that she would like to give away. Arlona (arlona@springcom.com)

Stacy said...

Exciting times!!!!! Enjoy your minivan and automatic doors!!! God is good!!! We will be praying for Matthew! Thank you for checking up on us! Hoping to have some news very soon!