The paperwork continues. Just when I thought I was making good progress, we had our first home study visit and our social worker provided us with a nice double-sided list of more documents we needed to provide, fill out, or send away for. This adoption has by far been the most labor-intensive - I used to hear people say what a nightmare the paperwork was for adoption, and for our first two I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't bad at all. The difference this time is that 1) we are adopting from China and the requirements are much different, and 2) we are working with two agencies.
This is my trusty little file box :) I got it for Matthew's adoption and have used it each time. The boys keep sitting on it which drives me crazy! Do they even know how many important things are in that box???!!!? I must say, I've been pretty proud of myself for how organized I've been for this adoption. Half of me is really frustrated with the amount of work it takes...and half of me kind of loves it! I feel so accomplished every time I send away some completed documents!
Sometimes it seems kind of unfair that we have to go through all this again. To have your life examined by so many people, to have to prove that you are good parents and that you're ready for another child, sometimes it just seems so intrusive and unfair when there are so many bad parents out there getting pregnant every day! But I understand that it has to be this way to protect children, so we grin and share our financial records and family history and views about this and that knowing full well that in the end, it is so worth it!
Now that I have my boys, I know there is nothing I wouldn't do to have them as my very own.

1 comments:
You have a beautiful story and the video of Matthew is priceless! Such sweetness!
Post a Comment