Last night I had a dream that we got our travel call to go and get Hannah...from Korea (except in real life she isn't in Korea, she's in China!). I can hardly believe we get to take two amazing trips in the next year.
Back in January when we won a trip to Korea, part of me really wondered if it was too good to be true. But the tickets are booked, we didn't pay for it, and in September we will spend 11 days in South Korea!
Our first three nights will be spent in Seoul (we did have to pay for hotels for this as we wanted to stay extra nights). We arrive on Thursday, and on Friday we hope to be able to visit Holt and Eastern, the boys' adoption agencies, and possibly even meet their foster families! This would be an amazing gift. I have really longed to be able to thank them in person and to let them know how much we love the boys. I pray this works out!
On Saturday we'll be on our own exploring Seoul, and then on Sunday we take a domestic flight from Incheon Airport down to Jeju Island. I found this map which seems to be very similar to the tour we will take, except maybe for the small loop. It will be amazing to see so much of Korea!
I am really excited to spend a couple of days on Jeju Island. From what I have read, it is beautiful and very scenic. I am looking forward to seeing the sights!
After that we fly to Busan and either drive or take the train for the rest of the trip. There are so many things on the itinerary, and while I'm excited to see it all I think we're going to come home exhausted!!!! I don't really care though, what an adventure it will be - a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore the place where our boys were born! We really hope to travel to Korea in the future with the boys and I think this trip will help us to feel more confident about doing that one day. I am so thankful we get to go!





3 comments:
I am so excited for you and I'm not even going! What a wonderful opportunity for you and Brad. I can't wait to see all Korea through your eyes. I have found that it is a lot easier to incorporate Korea into our kids' lives since we have been there - you have first hand knowledge that you can now share with them. It's a wonderful gift. So, so excited for you guys!
My Korean students have told me that Jeju Island is AMAZING!
sounds like a GREAT trip. you will LOVE it- Korea, the getaway with your husband, the exciting adventure of international travel. hope those books are coming in handy. so nice to have something to look forward to. yea for you!
Post a Comment