Thursday, March 29, 2012

Good Things Are Happening!

Despite the sickness that kept us stuck in the house for almost a week and a half, there have been some really good things going on around here.

The adoption: We are making progress! We are working away at gathering documents for our dossier and had several notarized this week. I love having a big checklist of thing to work on. I think the hardest part of adoption is just sitting and waiting....at least for now I have something to do! I am thinking of my girl so much every day. Another post on that soon!

The boys: This has been literally bringing me to tears this week. I don't know what has happened or changed, but it's like Matthew has finally accepted that Nathan is here to stay! He has been really sweet to Nathan this week, hugging and kissing him, speaking kindly to him (I must remind him to do that several hundred times a day it seems!) and playing nicely with him. It may not seem like a big deal, but honestly it is just such a huge answer to prayer and brings so much joy to my heart to see the love that is growing between them.


Nathan: Just when I think, "Wow, he is really settled in and doing so well!" he shocks me again - learning and growing in amazing ways, and acting even more at home than ever :) He has been very happy, waking up smiling and giggling, and talking up a storm! The speech therapist commented today that he has changed so much just in the last two weeks since she last saw him. He is starting to put two words together quite often. This week he said, "Yes, Dada", "Dada Truck", and "Bye-bye Daisie!" I am continually surprised by this little boy. Yesterday he sat for 40 straight minutes on the couch playing with cars. He was so happy and just kept arranging them in the box.






Notice how he turned them all facing the same way and lined them up all straight? So funny!

Matthew: This boy is growing up so fast. I almost can't stand it...and yet I love it at the same time! He is so much fun to talk with. He says the craziest things, and has such a hilarious personality. The other day he did a 35 piece puzzle by himself. I'm pretty sure that any day now he's going to be smarter than me.

Life with two toddlers is anything but dull! Today I walked in the living room and sighed.


Matthew looked up at me and with the most serious face you can imagine said,

"I needed to blow my nose."

Some days I just can't believe how blessed I am to be spending my days with these two little ones. It is hard, and most days when Brad gets home I head straight to the bathroom, kitchen or bedroom for just a moment of solitude :) But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Haa!!! Matthew is rubbing off on Nathan. The cars all facing the same way?? That's a Matthew thing. Soon you will have 2 little genius type a baby boys...

Tamara said...

Laughing histarically at the "I had to blow my nose" :) LOL!