Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Ups and Downs of the Week

March has never been so warm and beautiful! We spent the early part of this week outside in shorts and t-shirts enjoying the sunshine.

Nathan had a blast playing with bubbles (thankfully my sister gave the boys an awesome bubble machine so I did not have to blow all of these bubbles!)


Matthew's new favorite game is "Hide and Seek". He counts to 10 at the tree, yells, "Here I come, ready or not!", and then runs around the yard looking for the "hider" - usually me or Brad since Nathan doesn't quite get it yet. I can see that next year the boys will have a lot of fun playing this together.





Nathan absolutely loves being outside. He would live in the backyard if I would let him. With no shoes on. He loves to run, loves being dirty, loves the sandbox, loves to swing...all of it! It is great for him to be able to run off some of his energy, too!


This week my parents bought a cottage less than 30 minutes from our house! I am so excited to see them more often and to have a place to "get away" to once in a while.

My Dad and Mom were here for a visit this week. It was good to spend some time with them. My Dad has been facing some real challenges lately having several surgeries on his eye, another one scheduled for this coming week, and it was so good to see him and get to spend some time together. It is hard seeing someone you love face difficulties. I am so thankful for my Dad's example of faith and trust in God no matter what lies ahead.


The week ended on kind of a down note. Poor little Nathan has been sick, the sickest he's been since he joined our family. It's nothing serious, just a fever and cough and total miserableness, but it's so hard to see him not feeling well. This little guy literally does not stop moving from the moment he wakes up till the moment he goes to sleep...unless he has a 103 degree fever :(


We are hoping that Matthew won't catch it (he's been well for over 3 weeks now - I can't believe it!!!!) but he has been showing signs that he's coming down with it, too (itchiness and red splotchy skin is his telltale sign).

For the moment, all is quiet, no one needs anything from me, and I am going to watch an episode of Downton Abbey (anyone else loving this???) and have a slice of warm bread fresh from the breadmaker. A good end to a long day!

2 comments:

Britt said...

OOOhhh that's super exciting about the cottage!! Great idea!!!!!

The weather has been so incredible - glad the boys are loving being outside.

I love the pic of Brad holding both kids, you know that will be harder when there is a 3rd!!!

Tamara said...

Hello my friend!
That really is an up and down week. Sorry for the trials your dad is going through. We've been praying for him.
I think it is important for you to know that I love Downton Abbey, and have both seasons. You should come watch with me!!!