Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Ramblings

It felt like life would never again be nice and easy like it was with one child, but I think we are getting there! Things have settled into such a nice rhythm and it seems like we are really finding our way as a family of four. I am so glad...it was hard getting up every morning to chaos and upset children and exhaustion. Things feel so peaceful now in comparison!


Nathan is astounding us with how many words he is adding on an almost daily basis. His newest phrase is "there you go" - it comes out "der do" but we know what he's saying :) This morning he said, "Stinky, where are you?" - which came out, "Tinky, whaaaooooo?" (he was looking for his special blanket, Monkey Stinky). His first word this morning was "Matthew!" because he loves his brother and calls for him as he goes to bed and as soon as he wakes up. So sweet! He's also added the following words in the last couple of weeks:

on
open
off
down
go
stuck
help
cracker
honey
Pooh (as in, Winnie the)

It is amazing to see him changing. Yesterday we had some special one-on-one time after he woke up from his nap (Matthew was still sleeping) and I felt like I was really seeing a glimpse of his personality with him totally relaxed and at ease. I'm not sure I've really seen that before. He was being so silly and goofy, laughing his head off and playing with me on my lap. I remember this feeling with Matthew, when he started to really let himself trust me. It takes a long time, a lot longer than I would have thought, but it is so worth all the effort to get here!

I'm so happy to be sleeping again. It makes me excited to get back to running more often since I'm not so tired. I need to pick another race so that I have a goal to work towards.

I can't wait for Matthew to start feeling better. Every day he wakes up saying he doesn't feel well. I feel so bad that I really can't do anything for him right now, but I am really praying that having his tonsils/adenoids out next week will make a big difference. I am all stocked up on popsicles and my mom is coming to help me with Nathan so I think we're all set.

The other day, Matthew turned to me and said, "That's despicable!"

Today we are heading to our Moms group at church. It is so fun to have lots of other mom friends who have little ones the same ages as my boys. We sit and chat while the kids play and I know I can always ask advice or help about whatever challenges we're facing. It is so good to get out of the house, too!

That's about it for this morning - off to start some laundry, get us all dressed and out the door!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I really hope the tonsil/adenoid surgery helps Matthew. My K got his adenoids out in August, and it really improved how he feels overall! Thinking of you guys, as I know it will be so stressful having your little boy have surgery. And so glad you are getting sleep! seriously, life is so much better with it! :)

Stacy said...

Yeah for sleep!!! Yeah for normalcy and peacefulness!!! Will you try to post next to Nathan's words how he pronounces each word? It helped with the first two you did to give me a reality check on where Jackson is. Since we have no news yet with Jackson maybe we are just needing to give him more time. His newest phrase is "eeeeeeeeee Mama" for "Pleeeeeeeeease Mama!" add a little bounce up and down with the legs and throw in a "please" sign with a slumping over of the shoulders and head when I say "No Jackson"

Kala said...

I'm glad to read that special moment with you and Nathan. I'm always wondering how life is going to go with two boys and thank you for being honest with your stuggles. I'm so glad to see that things are looking up and your getting more sleep.What a wonderful family you have!