Friday, February 17, 2012

A Good End to the Week

There hasn't been much picture taking going on around here this week, we're mostly just laying low while Matthew recovers. He is doing well and the pain has not seemed to be too bad for him. I am so relieved to have this behind us and I'm really hopeful that he will be feeling better in the coming days. On the day before the surgery, the first thing he said to me in the morning and the last thing he said to me at night were the same: "Mama, I don't feel good." I hope that we are going to see a little boy who feels much, much better very soon.

We have been working on our house a lot lately with the hopes of getting it ready to put on the market someday soon. We've had a hole in our living room wall since early in the spring and we decided it was finally time to patch it up :) My parents graciously came and painted our living room, and then Brad worked his magic and finished the fireplace and mantel. I love it! I'll have to take some pictures of the whole living room now, I just forgot!

(Before)

(After - the fireplace)


And since Matthew has been getting a lot of blog time lately I thought I would share a few pictures of our other little cutie :) Nathan has been pretty clingy this week, maybe because Matthew has been getting so much attention. Tonight while Brad put Matthew in the tub, Nathan and I got to play for a while and he was just all giggles! It was so fun!




It's been a good week, but a tiring one. I am still not feeling great but it has been wonderful to have Brad home a bit this week and to have my mom here. It is frustrating to not be able to do all the things I would like to do, to not have the energy to be the mom I want to be, to know that running wouldn't be smart right now. Really, though, it could be so much worse. I have friends struggling with big stuff right now and I am reminded frequently how much I have to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Joe and Shannon said...

Glad Matthew is doing well after the surgery. It must have been a very long week.
And look at Nathan...it looks like he's getting so big!!
Hoping your feeling better soon

Tamara said...

The fireplace looks great!!! Way to go Brad!
Let me know when you are feeling up to company again. I MISS YOU!!!