This weekend was our first getaway since Nathan has been home, and it was a ton of fun! We met my parents for our overnight trip and the boys were very excited to spend time with Nana and Papa.
The only rough part of the trip is that Matthew was sick (surprise, surprise!). He has another sinus/cold thing going on and it makes sleeping really difficult for him. At 3am I was stumbling around the hotel room in the dark to put wet pajamas on him as he was itchy and coughing uncontrollably. I was so glad that Nathan didn't wake up! I am so thankful he is scheduled to have his tonsils and adenoids out next week. I hope it will make a world of difference for him and that he'll be able to stay healthy for more than a few days.
Overall, the boys did so great at the hotel and I am really looking forward to our next trip away (without sickness I hope!).

The reason we planned this little getaway was so that Brad, my Dad and I could run an 8k race! I am glad to be back to running and even though I hadn't been training as much as I should have I was still able to run the race with not too much difficulty. My Dad and Brad stuck together and did great! I am so proud of them!


The reason we planned this little getaway was so that Brad, my Dad and I could run an 8k race! I am glad to be back to running and even though I hadn't been training as much as I should have I was still able to run the race with not too much difficulty. My Dad and Brad stuck together and did great! I am so proud of them!
Now that I'm a mom, I think I appreciate my parents even more than I did before. I understand a lot more about the sacrifice and work that parenting is and I am so grateful for the love and care they have shown me my whole life. It is a wonderful thing to know you can count on your family to always be there for you. Brad and I really are so blessed to have two great families!

0 comments:
Post a Comment