Confession: I hate mess.
Like, I even hate the kinds of messes that kids are supposed to make. Washable markers on their hands, paint getting anywhere but the paper...stresses me out. I'm not sure why, when I know I can just clean it up. Maybe I'm actually just really lazy and want to avoid extra cleaning :)
Anyway, I've decided that enough is enough - I need to loosen up and let these kids make more messes! We have started doing a lot more art projects, as well as some new activities that are a little messy but tons of fun.
The boys love playing with rice, beans, rocks, stones...they have been having a great time practicing pouring, scooping, and using tongs.
We have lots of chances to talk about colors and patterns, although Nathan could care less!

I'm not really that worried about them learning through these activities, they are so young and we are really just playing and experiencing different things together. They just love it and the best part of all...
I'm not really that worried about them learning through these activities, they are so young and we are really just playing and experiencing different things together. They just love it and the best part of all...

3 comments:
Good ideas, thanks for sharing! I too hate messes, trying to loosen up...
Fun! Fun! Fun! I always find my kids have soooo much fun with STRUCTURED ACTIVITIES! And so do I!! :) Those are our favorite times together!
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun but be sure that they do not put beans/peas, etc. into their ears or nose as the beans and peas will swell up and be difficult to remove. The kids really do have fun with them though.
Post a Comment