Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Fun Week

What a fun week it has been!

The highlights:

We had our final post-placement visit with our social worker for Nathan's adoption! She will now file our paperwork with the courts here and we should soon have a date to go to court and finalize the adoption! Although this little guy is already ours in every sense of the word, it will be so nice to have the legal aspect completed. We hope to finalize in December and then to have a big party to celebrate.

I have never really been "naturally crafty", but I am pretty good at stealing, er, borrowing ideas from other people! This week we were learning about the letter "B" so we did a couple of crafts to go along with our theme. My favorite was these butterflies the boys painted. They are just coffee filters painted and then a pipe cleaner for the body. We also learned the sign for butterfly!

Last night we had our first official popcorn and movie night! Of course, I am paranoid so the popcorn was broken up into teeny tiny little pieces...but the boys loved it! We watched the new Winnie-the-Pooh movie and had a lovely night together as a family.

Things are going so well these days, and I think the hard times have made me appreciate this goodness even more! Sleep is going really well and we are now up only 1 or 2 times a night, which is totally doable. I had to fill out a final progress report today for Nathan's adoption and it is just so amazing to think of how far we have come in the last five months. I am so thankful for our little family!

0 comments: