
Every day is a surprise with this little boy. I never know what is going to come out of his mouth! He has me laughing so many times throughout the day and I am always telling him that he is so funny!
"Am I so funny, Mama?"
"Yes, Matthew, you are so funny!"
"Do I cwack you up?"
"Yes, Matthew, you really do crack me up!"
I thought I would share some of the funny things he has said lately.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We've been having this conversation a lot about how God brought Matthew to our family. I was a bit surprised by Matthew's ending to the story! It goes something like this:
Me: Matthew, before you came, Mama was so sad. I wanted a baby so much, and I would cry and ask God to please bring me a baby. And who was the baby that God brought to me?
Matthew: It was ME! Mashew!
Me: That's right! And I said to God, "Oh, thank you thank you thank you for this beautiful baby!"
Matthew: "And God said, "You're welcome!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One of my favorite songs to sing to Matthew as we rock in the chair at night is "His Eye is on the Sparrow".
The real words are, "I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free..."
Matthew's version goes, "I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm FREAKING OUT!"
Thank you, Curious George, for giving my son a new favorite phrase :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Matthew likes to change the words to songs all the time. Maybe he does this because Brad and I are constantly making up songs of our own :) Either way, it's hilarious.
When Matthew was potty training a few weeks back, he would often not wear pants or a diaper when we were around the house during the day. One day as he was climbing up on the couch I reminded him, "No bare bums on the couch, please!"
A moment later as he sat playing with trains I heard him quietly singing, to the tune of "You Are My Sunshine"...
"You are my bare bum, my only bare bum, you make me happy (bare bum) when skies are grey (bare bum)..."
Oh goodness!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Out of the blue one day...
"Are we rich, Mama?"
Quite the dilemma in how to answer! On the one hand, compared to many people in the world, yes we are rich. Ridiculously rich. But compared to rich people...no, not really! Plus, did he even know what the word "rich" means?
So I replied, "Yes, honey, we are rich in love!"
I love that at two and a half, he takes what I say at face value!
Now he often asks me, "Are we rich in love, Mama?"
"Yes, baby, we really are!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lately I hear this one a lot:
"I haffin so much twubble, Mama!"
This can be about anything - Nathan taking his toys, accidentally spilling something...today it was because he couldn't get to sleep.
I just love it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I must say I am pretty surprised by what a little chatterbox Matthew has turned out to be! As a baby he was quiet, mellow, calm...and now I can't get him to sit and stop talking for anything!!!! I love it though, he is such a hoot!

3 comments:
So funny! I can almost hear him saying those things in that tiny little boy voice. So adorable!
LOVE IT!!!!! SO cute!!!!
These are the cutest things I've read in a LONG time!!!
Post a Comment