Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Random Update

Last night was a very exciting time - I ran 4 miles for the first time in my whole life! Brad (bless his heart) went with me, even though he was really tired, and we went to a nearby trail. I did have to walk for about a minute at the halfway point and 30 seconds at the 3 mile mark, but I was really happy to be able to make it that far. It took me 43 1/2 minutes, which is not too bad (for me - I know that runners out there are probably snickering at my very slow pace!). The first half mile was great, and the last half mile was great, but the middle...it was brutal! I haven't been running that often lately because I've been having some knee pain, but thankfully it was fine last night. Today I feel good...and very glad that I don't have to run again till Friday!

In other news...well, it's not really news. Just a cute picture of Daisie. The other day Brad was mowing the lawn and I put her up on this storage box we have under the window where we keep blankets, and as soon as she noticed Brad she was so excited. She stood there watching him go back and forth for quite a while - it was really cute. Pretty sure she's crazy about him already...

Totally understandable!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

I love it! Daisy is such a great addition to your family!

Rachel said...

You are my inspiration! I just hope I can make it to the 5k mark!

I was commenting on the cooler weather and said it was a good day for jeans or capris and Hope said, "And playing with Daisie!" ;)

Angela said...

way to go with the running! Jared and I are planning on doing a marathon next year! Yikes I only do 3-5 miles right now! Lots of training to do!

Anonymous said...

Hello Rachel and Brad! (and hello Chelly from Jenny!)
Just got back from France and caught up on all your news! It was lovely to read all about your week! Glad everything is going well. Hopefully talk to you soon.
We all send our love,
Mom Sarah Dad Jenny Don and PJ