Sunday, July 20, 2008

Heartbreaking Humidity

Ok, so heartbreaking might be a little overdramatic...but it was extremely muggy and humid on Saturday morning when I ran my first 5k of the year. I must say I'm kind of disappointed with how I did - it was SO hard and I kept saying to Brad every time I passed him (he was there to cheer me on) that I thought I was going to die!

I was very thankful for my two new running buddies and for all the encouragement they have given me. It's much more fun when you're not alone.


On the bright side, I finished the race, I didn't die, I wasn't the last 5k runner, I got a t-shirt, and I beat my last 5k time. So I guess it wasn't a total loss!

I was very grateful that my mom-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and niece came to cheer me on. I love this picture - I am not actually that sweaty! My mother-in-law poured some water on me after the race to cool me down :)

I have one other funny picture to post, but will have to wait till I get it from Brad's mom.

Brad and I are leaving on Wednesday for Seattle and can't wait! Should be an exciting trip :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Way to go girl!!!! We are in Spokane WA so we're not far from Seattle!!!

Megan said...

Way to go Rach! You beat your time and didn't even die! That's great!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is such an accomplishment!