Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blogging Mission

Through my friend Rachel's blog, I found one of her "bloggy friends" (which by the way is my new favorite phrase) and have been reading Becoming Me for a while now. I am excited about this "Blog Mission Tour" and the challenge to create a Blog Mission Statement - click on the picture for more info! Also, a special thank you to Rachel for helping me figure out what "Mr. Linky" means...another new phrase that I'm trying to figure out how to get into everyday conversation...


So why do I blog? I guess it all started because I read the blogs of a few friends who I hadn't seen in a while and I loved being able to catch up on their lives. I assumed when I started that it would actually just be me and my mom reading this thing, but it has turned out to be an amazing way to connect with family and friends.

When I asked myself the question, "Why do I blog?", this is what I came up with:

I blog because I don't want to miss the beautiful moments of each day! I can spend so much time thining about the things that I am looking forward to in life (ie adopting our little baby!) that I forget to take in the beauty of the here and now. Blogging helps me to remember to experience and enjoy the many blessings in my life even while I am "in the waiting" and to pay attention to what the Lord is doing in my life. I love to remember the big and the little stories of God's goodness and faithfulness, and find that I am encouraged when I share those things with others.

Thank you for visiting! I hope you will stop by again soon as I am always looking for more bloggy friends!!!

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I am so glad to have met you. Thank you for participating and for this wonderful statement.

SmilingSally said...

I am on the mission statement tour. Yours is nicely said. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

I think you have a great missions statement.

Thanks for sharing your heart.

It's nice to meet you.

Julie

Joy Junktion said...

Hi new blogging friend. We too adopted, though years ago, I still remember the anticipation. God Bless your journey.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Great mission statement! It has been so much fun to read what people have shared in their mission statements! I love how it really gets us thinking.
I enjoy reading your writing. :)