Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Little Miss Two Year Old

It's been a challenging few months here in many ways.  The stress of medical issues, the exhaustion of living with a little one who just will not sleep, the difficulties of barely having a moment alone with my hubby...I have felt weary.   Honestly I was too weary to write about how weary I was!  

Adding to the challenges was a certain little two year old who decided that "No!" was her favorite word and screaming was her favorite activity.  I so wish I was kidding.

I used to think, "Terrible two's? Is that even real?"

The other day as I was thinking this, a line of a favorite song came to mind...

"Then I saw her face...now I'm a believer..."


Only it wasn't that sweet, adorable face that made me a believer :)

It was this one:


Man, I saw that face a lot the last few months.  Try to imagine the noise that's coming out of her mouth, too!  It was like nails on a chalkboard for me.  Shudder.

I started to wonder how long this would go on.  Daily battles.  Hourly battles.  I could not to anything without her following me around screaming, "Uppy!" Which is her version of up :) I tried to stay calm but I will admit I failed often and made that face a little myself!  

I don't want to say we are on the other side of this completely but...I do think we have turned a corner. The battles are less frequent.  We can make it through the store without a meltdown.  She doesn't just scream at me much anymore :) she has mostly stopped scratching my face with her nails when she is angry about not getting her own way.  She is learning more and more words which helps us work through this stuff.  And three is right around the corner!

I must say that for all the trouble this little one gives me, she really is such a joy!  She is smiley and hilarious and full of life.  She is spunky and happy (except when she's not!) and loves to sing and dance.  She throws her arms around my neck so tightly when I pick her up and she makes me laugh out loud all the time.  She is awesome!  

Now if only she would start sleeping through the night...

0 comments: