Phew! We finally finished school for the year! It has been a wonderful first year of homeschooling and I feel like I learned a lot (and so did they -bonus!). Matthew finally finished his math book today (we got behind because of all the medical stuff) and he was so proud of himself. This year he has learned to read very well, has learned to skip count by 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 50s, and 100s, has learned to add and subtract, has learned about place value and reading numbers into the thousands, has learned how to read a clock...its been amazing seeing him soak it all in! I'm so proud of my little guy and I am looking forward to the fall so much! In September when we start up again, Matthew with technically be a Kindergartener and Nathan will be kind of doing preschool/pre-kindergarten. And Hannah will continue on being a happy little girl who goes off and plays while we do school....right?!?!?!
And some random pictures :)
My favorite time of day...snuggling a clean little girlie and tucking her into bed!
With my foot still in a walking cast I am not able to drive so we have been hanging out at home a ton. It's actually been so nice to slow down and just enjoy the kids without having to rush off anywhere. After having a tea party at their Grammie and Grandpa's house we just had to have one at home! The kids talked about it for days!
Now that Hannah's a bit older it's been fun to get out some of the toys I had put away, like this marble run. She loves it! And - bonus - the boys can now build the towers themselves!
These are good days and we are happy summer is here!





0 comments:
Post a Comment