My pants were starting to feel uncomfortably tight.
Why does that always happen this time of year?!?! Yes, I know the answer.
I had just started running again when we had several weeks of sickness combined with snow and freezing temperatures that I could not possibly run in. I would get in a run here or there but was not able to be consistent and it was really frustrating. I worked out at home sporadically but really wanted to be out running.
Once January 1st rolled around I knew that a local gym would be having a deal. Sure enough, I could sign up for $10 and pay only $10 a month! Score! I knew that would get me through the winter days when I am unable to run outside.
Since the beginning of January I've been able to be fairly consistent with my running. It was H-A-R-D to get used to running on a treadmill again. Not physically hard, but mentally hard. I'm getting more used to it now and I was thrilled to be able to run 4 miles yesterday!
Brad has also started running (he has a free gym at his work) and we are excited to be running an 8k in just a few weeks. Together, but not together if you see what I mean. Because he's way fast, and I am less way fast :)
The pants are getting looser, I feel stronger and it is nice to have a bit of time every other day to exercise. I've missed it!
Monday, January 13, 2014
Finding My Running Legs
Thoughts from Rachel at 5:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My husband brought running clothes to church yesterday and ran home... you could do that! Have Brad drive the kids home, and you run..... (if it's really far have him drop you off at a park a couple miles from home)
That's a good idea :)
Post a Comment