Monday, March 25, 2013

The Baby Will Fall...

Well, last week held a little more excitement than we expected.  On Thursday, Hannah took a fall and after a few hours it was pretty obvious she had injured something.  The question was - what?  That's the hard part with a baby when it isn't an obvious injury.  

I thought something was wrong with her arm, as she cried every time we picked her up under her arms and she wouldn't roll onto that side without screaming.  I took her in to the pediatrician, got sent for x-rays, and found out the next morning that she had broken her clavicle (collarbone).  Poor baby, I felt so bad for her!  She had a couple of rough days pain wise but yesterday seemed much better.  

The big bummer is that she was just starting to crawl and pull up, and now those things have been put on hold.  The good news is that it will heal on its own in just a few weeks.  And despite it all, her smile is still lighting up the room!





1 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I've been following your fb updates, and praying for you. So, so sorry, Rachel. :( This is hard stuff. Holding you up in prayer, friend!!!