Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Look What She's Been Up To...

We have seen so much improvement in Hannah's strength since we first met her.  She is not able to pull up to standing yet...but if I prop her up she can now stand at the couch for a little while without falling over or sitting down!  


After a few minutes, she does start to look a little worried...


Another big accomplishment this week - Hannah learned how to sit up from lying down!  I was so proud of my little girl when she figured this out and you should have seen the look on her face - she was proud of herself, too!  Now she does it all the time...Nathan still claps for her every time she sits up :)  When I went to get her up from her nap the other day I found her sitting in her bed (first time she'd sat up without anyone encouraging her!).


I have no idea how long of a journey it will be for our little one to get from here to walking, but I am excited to get started with physical and occupational therapy next week and to keep building up those muscles.  There is lots more clapping to come, I'm sure!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Isn't the fast progress amazing? When I brought my son home from Ethiopia, he could barely sit up. I worried if he had some learning disabilities, but then when I and a therapist started working on the skills with him, in no time he went from pulling himself up, to crawling, to walking, etc. It's amazing what work and love can do for our children. :)

Yvonne said...

wonderful! way to go Hannah!

Britt said...

Wow! That is some crazy fast improvements! I'm sooo proud of her! I bet you are too! It's kind of a blessing because even though you got her when she's a bit older, you still get to go through these big steps with her!