I was doing so well! I wasn't counting days, and honestly the weeks were flying by. I thought of Hannah all the time, but didn't feel that "crazy feeling" that I have felt during both of the last adoptions.
Until we got our LOA, of course :)
Now, I have been just trying to hold it together. Obsessively checking my China facebook group. Learning every tiny little thing I can about the process. Calling immigration at 8am...and 8:10am...and 8:40am....until they finally open at 9am, to find out about our I-800 application.
And still, we wait.
We are getting so close, but this last little bit seems torturous! It's really hard and strange and frustrating not having any idea what these next couple of months will hold. Will we meet our girl in January? Or will we end up waiting until the end of February or even March because of Chinese New Year (which shuts down all the government offices where adoptions are processed)? I feel like screaming, "I JUST WANT TO KNOW!"
You know what, though? I secretly love it. What a great adventure to be on! The anticipation each day, wondering if we'll get some more great news, making lists and starting to think about packing for THE TRIP WHERE I WILL MEET MY DAUGHTER! As hard as the waiting is, I kind of love it.
Praying that tomorrow is the day for our I800 approval...but if it isn't, that means that it will be the next day...or the day after that....
...and one of these days, it will be THE day, and my sweet baby will be in my arms forever!!!!
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
This Waiting Game
Thoughts from Rachel at 6:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Totally know what you mean Rachel! Lets GO already!!!
So, so hard to wait but love your attitude knowing that the day WILL come. And today brings you one day closer!
Post a Comment