Sunday, December 30, 2012

Random Thoughts

I've started a pile of stuff to pack for China!  It's overwhelming to even think about.

The boys will not be coming with us (food allergies...and let's be honest, I can't imagine the two of them on a plane with us for like 14 or more hours...).  So I will have to be away from them for two weeks :(  That will be hard.  But not as hard as taking them with us!

We will probably leave on a Thursday or Friday and I believe we arrive on Saturday or Sunday...then we meet Hannah on Monday!  We will have the rest of the time with her to tour around, do lots of paperwork, attend appointments, and get to know her before heading home.  I really can't wait!

These are busy days with two little ones and I know its only going to get busier.  I feel like we are settled into our new "normal" level of busyness and I wonder how the adjustment to three is going to be.  Some days I'm nervous; most of the time I am just so excited I could burst!

In the middle of busy times, we are enjoying some great family time.  The boys are at such fun ages.  I love a few moments to sit and snuggle my boys!


Am I the only parent who finds winter really tiring?  I sometimes feel like by the time we get everything ready to go, and everyone gets their shoes, hats, coats, and all the stuff that just has to go with us and finally make it into the van...I'm ready for a nap!  I can only imagine what it will be like loading up three...


I'm really glad that the boys are getting more independent these days.  They walk everywhere now (well, Nathan still enjoys being carried now and then but it's getting less and less), they can put on their own coats and hats and boots...so that helps at least.  Everywhere I go, I just keep thinking to myself, "Now, what will I do when I have Hannah, too?".  Not in a freaked out way (mostly), just in a practical I-wonder-how-this-will-work kind of way.  I'm sure of two things:

1.  We will figure it out and it will be fine.
2.  I will be very, very tired!

Thankfully, living with two little boys has helped me get pretty used to that feeling!

Come on, January...I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

2 comments:

Britt said...

It's almost here! January that is! Yeah!! I can't wait to hear the good Travel News.....!!!

Yvonne said...

the excitement is building! So glad that the day you travel to China and meet Hannah is getting closer. And leaving the boys home - yeah, I understand that. We debated that a lot for out 3rd chid/trip to Korea and we decided to leave them here and just Paul and I travel. It was a good decision for us, but also because it gave us time to bond with our youngest child before learning to parent all 3 children. It'll be a grand adventure!

Going from 2 to 3 means things take longer, but you'll get lots of points from other people for even leaving your house with all three kids in tow! It'll take time to adjust, but you'll get it down, no problem. And the ergo will be your best friend. One child in the ergo, one hand holding two little hands. Makes going into a store a lot easier!

Getting very excited for you!