It was a Christmas to be remembered, that's for sure! Unfortunately, they were not all of the "warm and fluffy" kind of memories...I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that the stomach flu went through our whole family starting on Christmas day, and the rest of the week has been more of the same. The worst seems to have passed now and I am trying to remember some of my favorite "Christmas Season" memories in hopes that they'll block out the Christmas Day ones!
Favorites...
Spending lots of time with family...love this one of Nathan fast asleep on my Dad :)
We had a slumber party before heading to my parent's house for Christmas. We watched a movie, had some popcorn, then slept on a giant bed in the living room. After everyone slept so well I kind of wondered if we should make this permanent!
The boys were sent some money from my Grandparents and I was able to add on to a free set of Geo*Trax we had been given (it only had one train, which made for lots of fights). We got several more trains and a ton of track for just $20! I was so excited, the boys L-O-V-E this set and play with it all the time. The funniest part is that I built them a huge track that took up most of the living room, but every time I looked over they were sitting super close together playing and crashing their trains. Boys!
Our one and only Christmas craft with a friend. I'm kind of lame like that!
One of my favorite things this season - enjoying our fireplace! This is our first year with a mantel and I so enjoyed the extra lights and more room to decorate.
We spent a lot of the month of December in our pajamas! This is my favorite picture of my little guy...who isn't really so little anymore! Love him so much.
We had a lovely time getting a Christmas tree earlier in the month. The boys loved the wagon ride to pick out our tree! It was so much fun to see them laughing and bouncing along.
It certainly wasn't the Christmas we were hoping for, but honestly I can't complain one bit - we are so blessed! It was a wonderful month of remembering Christ's birth, thinking about how and why we celebrate Christmas, and being with our families. And...our last one as a family of FOUR!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment