Sunday, December 02, 2012

In Which Matthew Turns Four and His Mommy Chokes Back Tears All Weekend

It keeps on happening - he just keeps getting older and bigger, no matter what I say!  Today our sweet boy turned four.  It made me pretty emotional to realize how big he is getting and what a big year this will be for him.  Don't get me wrong - I love this age, but the days just seem to fly by more and more quickly and part of me wants to just freeze time and keep him little forever.

My favorite thing about his birthday this year was how much he enjoyed it!  He understood so much more this year and loved helping with the party preparations.


This was the third year that Matthew had a train cake :)  This kid seriously loves trains.  I think this might be my favorite one so far.  He loved helping me with the wheels and the candy.  But then he wanted to eat it right away!


We were so blessed to have all of our families here for Matthew's party.  We had a full house and lots of fun! 


It's hard to put into words how much I love this little boy.  I can't imagine my life without him and I am so thankful to be his mom.



Matthew loved opening presents and it is lots of fun having new things to play with!

I know I'm biased, but I think Matthew is a simply amazing little guy.  He is so funny, so sweet, so smart, and I enjoy spending every day with him.  I love how he busts out singing all the time, how he throws his head back and laughs with all his might when things strike him as funny (all the time!), how he hugs me and tells me he loves me all day long.  I love how he has decided that Nathan really is his brother, and watching him grow into his big brother role has brought more joy than I ever imagined it could.  As hard as it is sometimes to realize he is growing up, I really can't wait to see what this year holds for him!  God truly has blessed us with our little man :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Happy birthday to your Matthew! :)

Britt said...

Awww I love that you got a WHOLE family picture! Happy Birthday Matthew!!