Monday, July 16, 2012

So Proud of My Boy!

A year ago he didn't have any words. We were told that he said a couple of Korean words but we never heard them (or maybe we just didn't know he was saying words since we don't speak Korean!!!!).

 A year ago he had only been wearing a hearing aid for a short time, and we had no idea what to expect. I purposefully didn't set expectations, determined just to celebrate his progress, to not compare him to other kids or to worry too much about where his speech was. Truth be told, I didn't know what to expect because this whole journey is new to us!  Don't get me wrong, we have worked hard this year, giving Nathan every opportunity to learn and practice language.  But I haven't worried about it, haven't stressed about him catching up.

I have learned so much from this last year of watching him grow and develop.  He is such an amazing little guy!  If I'd had any expectations, he would have exceeded them by far!  We are thrilled with how much he is saying, and lately I have been amazed with how clearly he is beginning to say words.  He is starting to say the ending sounds to his words and it just makes me smile every single time.  He is speaking in two to four word sentences, repeating everything we say, and his vocabulary has exploded!  We are so proud of our little guy!

I thought I'd show you a short video of Nathan saying my new favorite word: applesauce.  I make him say it all the time, just because he says it so clearly now!  I love hearing his little voice :)


 


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I just recently came across your blog as I am currently waiting to adopt our second child. Congrat's on your sons new words! Such a thrill I bet, love the video and such a cutie.

Stacy said...

AWESOME!!!!!!! Loved the "sssss" sound in applesauce!!!!

Barry/ Amy said...

OMGoodness SOOOO cute!!!!! Love all the applesauce running down his face :) So awesome and you are right so clear!!!! :) Great job Nathan!!!!

Britt said...

Way to go Nathan!!!