Friday, December 17, 2010

Smiles in the Snow

For those of you who were around last winter (or around the blog at least!) you may remember Matthew's reaction to snow:


Seriously, is that totally sad or what?  I think our trip outside lasted about a minute...and he hated everything about snow!  I was a little nervous about how he'd do this year but when it finally started snowing, he was very interested...from inside at least!  So we decided to bundle him up and all of us (Brad, me, Matthew, my sisters, and Daisie) headed outside for some winter fun.  We knew Daisie would be excited (and she was) and we were THRILLED that Matthew loved it too :)






He kept signing and saying "more" as emphatically as he could every time Brad stopped pulling the sled!  Poor Brad was exhausted so my sisters each took turns (I was working the camera thank goodness!).  We finally had to go inside because it was pretty cold, but from then on whenever we got close to the back door Matthew would point and say "MORE!" with a big smile.  Good news, Matthew...there will be plenty more snow for us to play in!

10 comments:

BrandiB said...

You cannot help but smile at that! Glad this year went better and that you were on camera duty to save your arms and back from all that pulling :-)

Jenny said...

so glad he loves it this year!!!!

Cara said...

Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

MUCH better seeing him happy in the snow!!!

Leah said...

That is so funny and CUTE! Bless his little heart! So much can change in a years time! :)

Ellie said...

i LOVE all of those photos, but i'm glad you don't have anymore "snow sobbing". too funny.

Ellie said...

i have to post again, those crying ones look sooo familiar- that face-big tears i imagine too, that's what we get anyways-i laughed so hard when i looked at them again because that is exactly what Joel looks like when he cries like that too. sometimes ya just gotta laugh or you'll be crying with them.

Elizabeth Frick said...

I'm sorry but those pix from last year are HILARIOUS!!! I'm glad this year is better though.

Abby said...

Whew! It would be rough to live in Michigan and hate the snow. So glad Matthew's changed his outlook - now you won't have to move! :-)

Barry/ Amy said...

I so remember those pics from last year :) I love the new pics too!!! So glad he has found a new love for the snow!!! :)