Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Cake and a Christmas Tree

On Saturday we had a birthday celebration for Matthew.  We kept it kind of small with just family and had a fun time eating dinner, cake, and opening presents.  I was determined to make a special cake for Matthew even though (as you may have noticed) cooking is just not my thing.  I must admit I felt pretty proud of my creation - free of egg, milk, and nuts...and pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself!

I think that Matthew's cousin, Ben, enjoyed it!  Either that or he was trying to avoid getting any in his mouth...

On Sunday we decided it was time to go and get a Christmas tree.  Last year Matthew was sick and we were still dead tired from the whole becoming new parents thing so we just put up our fake tree.  This year we bundled up and headed out to cut one down ourselves!




Matthew's favorite part (although you can't tell it from this picture!) was riding on the wagon.  He was so excited yesterday morning when he woke up, and as we came out to the living room he kept saying, "Tree! Tree! Tree!".  You should have seen his face when I turned the lights on...priceless!  It's so fun having a little one around during the Christmas season!

13 comments:

thewonderfulhappens said...

you did a great job on that cake!

Karen said...

I love the train! Yummy!

Elizabeth Frick said...

What fun! Olive gets the same blank expression when she's enjoying something - she looks like she hates it during, and then we get home and she can't stop smiling and talking about it :)

BrandiB said...

What a great job on the cake!

Arlona said...

I love the comment about enjoying the cake or avoiding getting it into his mouth. That was priceless! So glad that you are enjoying Matthew. He is special.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

GOOD JOB FRIEND!! Cake decorating is something I always have good intentions about... and then I start it and bad words come into my mind. So, our boys most often get cakes decorated by their talented daddy. :) I love your train!! And really am so impressed that you made the cake free of eggs, milk and nuts.

Ellie said...

that train is awesome! i think you ARE becoming a cook- or at least a decorator. fun fun.

Leah said...

So precious! And the cake looked wonderful! :)

Barry/ Amy said...

Your not a cook?? Had me fooled that cake looks fantastic!!!! So fun!!!

I love that Evan loves the lights so much this year-- you are 100% right that it is so fun having a little one this year!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

Rachel said...

The cake turned out so cute! Glad it worked out.

Britt said...

Awwww soo cute! I bet the getting a tree thing was fun!

Wendy said...

Love the cake!!
Looks like a fun day!

Kala said...

Ok the cake is adorable. Great job. Loved the pictures!