Friday, June 26, 2009

Ready to Relax

The paperwork is complete! Praise the Lord for my very motivated husband who took control yesterday when I was so stressed out that napping on the couch was all I could handle, and who got together all the documents we needed and filled out all the forms! He is superman!

The laundry is (sort of) done, the house is (mostly) clean, and the bags are (almost) packed! Tomorrow Brad and I head on a lovely and much-needed vacation! I look forward to many hours of reading, floating in a pool, and enjoying this view:



It is a long drive to Tennessee (and that is a very tricky state to spell!) but it will be worth it in the end :) We look forward to a week of relaxing and spending time with my parents, my younger sister Sarah, my sister Joanna and her husband Ryan. From there, Brad and I are heading to South Carolina to spend some time with an old college friend of mine (wow, when did I get old enough to be able to say that phrase??). I cannot wait to spend some time catching up with her!

And the day after we get back, our social worker is coming to update our homestudy! Hence the (almost) clean house. I must admit, this week has been a bit on the crazy side, but every time I pass Matthew's picture, I smile and remember that it is all worth it! We are very excited to be getting closer and closer to bringing him home!

Ok, I really must finish that packing...

1 comments:

Tamara said...

Have a great time!