First of all, let me say that this is NOT the post where I share that we have gotten our referral. Just wanted to get that out of the way before I got anyone's hopes up!
BUT we did get some exciting news today :) I was on my lunch break, and the phone rang. I expected it to be Brad, but saw that it was our adoption agency...which is weird because really, they don't often call us.
Our social worker was calling to let us know that they had received an updated list, and we are currently #10 on the list for our agency! Which is pretty exciting news, because we had no idea where we were at. Last week our agency received 6 referrals...for some reason, they seem to come in batches. Now they probably will not get any more for a while, and it will most likely still be at least a couple of months until we get our referral...but it is so exciting to know that we are getting closer!
After she called, I was so excited that I couldn't even finish eating my cookie (and if you know me, you know this is serious!). But don't worry...I finished it when I got home! I have been smiling like crazy all day just knowing that the day really is coming :)

9 comments:
AAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!! Soooo very excited! I would be more excited of course if this was referral day (as would you) but still. Just knowing where you are is wonderful! And you aren't next, which would just drive me absolutely batty to know that you were next...
That is awesome Rachel!! SO so excited for you.
This is wonderful news! These are the kind of little bits of information that make the wait exciting/bearable. Congratulations! Your one step closer to being a momma!
Woohoo! Soon you will be in the single digits! Or maybe they will get 10 referrals at once next time!
Fantastic news!!!! SO happy for you! Praying it won't be long now!
WOOOHOOO Baby! That's right! ONLY TEN!!!
I'm so happy for you!
So exciting to hear great news from your agency. Especially news like that. Next will be your baby! I can't wait to hear more! Have a great day.
It won't be long now!!! Glad to hear you're getting closer and you will see your baby VERY soon!
Great news!
Congratulations!!! That is very, very exciting!!
Post a Comment