Tuesday, June 02, 2009

As Eluded To in the Previous Post

Last weekend, a pretty exciting event happened in our lives.  

We were given a BOAT!  With an engine and everything!

It has been such a fun week as we've been getting Big Mama ready to go out (that is the boat's name by the way - I don't know why but I called her that the day we got her and now we seriously use it in every day conversation - "Don't forget to unload Big Mama!", "When can we take Big Mama out?"...it's kind of funny!)  I haven't actually been out yet, but we are getting a hitch for our car (hopefully tonight) so that we can take her out soon!  I can't wait!

(Don't worry, I am aware that boats go on water.  This was just to show you what it looks like!)

The funny thing is that I just love boats.  I didn't grow up having one or anything, or near the water, but for a special treat when we were growing up, sometimes when we were on vacation we would rent a boat similar to Big Mama (only a bit bigger to fit the whole family) and go out for the day.  I remember those times being so much fun, so I was ecstatic to think that we would have our very own boat!  

And of course, I have to share a couple of pictures from those family vacations...

This is from when I was 12 (I'm on the right in the bright yellow wind breaker.)  I love the look on my one-year-old sister, Sarah's, face...she looks like she's wondering if anybody is noticing that the life jacket is swallowing her!


Now, there were some moody teenage years for sure, but I'm pretty sure this was just a cold day!

Brad's new hobby is fishing.  He and his buddy Chad went out last Saturday and caught two fish, which Rachel deep fried for lunch - yummy!

My new hobby will be relaxing and sunbathing on my very own boat!!!!  Now if only the sun would come out again...


2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, Big Mama is awesome!

Tina said...

totally fun~!