Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Adoption Update...but not very exciting

This morning the lady from the adoption agency called...all of our paperwork is completed now and we are ready to start our homestudy as soon as the program opens! Also, she said that she believes that should be "very soon"...hopefully we will know a date in a week or two. It has been a LONG wait and I am ready to be moving forward. We found out a few weeks ago that the wait time after the homestudy is completed is getting shorter (praise the Lord!), so if we do our homestudy this summer it is possible that we could have our referral next summer or fall (the homestudy is the interview process, and the referral is when they match you with a child). After the referral it will be 3-6 months until we can go and get our little one. I can't wait to have him or her in my arms!!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is great news that things are starting to happen and that the wait should be shorter than you expected. Although I am sure any wait at all will seem long when you are so excited! And by the way I can SO picture you filling out the adoption application and doing such a wonderful job. I remember from the good old days at SAU that you always did such a good job at application stuff and did it so quickly. I hate doing application stuff, so I was always so amazed at your app skills! I'm praying for your little one to come so soon! I am just SO very excited for you!

Angela said...

very very exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! I would love to hear more about the whole process as it is something Jared and I are planning on in the future:) What a time requiring what seems like too much patience!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

This is an exciting step! One of K's speech therapists went through the adoption process and we were able to observe the amount of patience it required of her. Praying for you!! Thrilled for you!