Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Stay tuned...

We just finished a very good but very long weekend! Our friends Stan and Sue came to stay for the weekend, and the plan was for Stan to go to the Nascar race with Brad and Curt and Chad. Sue and I were planning on having some girl time while they were out. The older I get, the more I realize that things NEVER turn out how you plan! Sadly, it rained all weekend, and the boys spent a lot of time driving to and from the track but no time watching cars race. They finally got to run the race today (YEY! Kurt Busch, Brad's favorite driver, won! He is going to be in a very good mood when he gets home!) The sad part is that Sue and Stan had to go home yesterday so Stan didn't get to see the race, which was a real bummer, but at least they found someone to buy his ticket. Hopefully next year will work out a little better. We were still glad they could come and stay with us - it was fun to catch up and at least Sue and I got to go shopping a couple of times!

On Saturday we went to a Nascar-themed party so we all dressed up in our Nascar apparel (obviously, some of us own a lot more than others of us!). Brad finally got to wear his Rusty Wallace coat...usually I only let him get it out of the closet when we need a good laugh! We had a blast at the party but I was pretty dismayed to find out how much I know about Nascar when we took a quiz about it...way more than I ever wanted to know! I guess you can learn things while you are sleeping!

I will post some pictures tomorrow from the weekend...you really have to see the jacket to believe it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're livin' the dream old bean.