As with many things in life, there are blessings and challenges that go along with our choice to homeschool. This year it feels like we are really settling into our choice more and finding our groove a bit. I have loved our curriculum choices this year and am planning to continue with most of them for next year as well.
Being together is a blessing. And a challenge :) Having more space has made a huge difference and it sometimes feels like a whole new life living here! It is wonderful being together but sometimes it's great to just be apart for a while, too!
One of my favorite things we've discovered this year is a curriculum called Bible Study Guide for All Ages. We spent several weeks working through the story of Joseph and now are working through Daniel and we are all learning so much! My favorite part about it is that we actually read the Bible together, rather than just learning about the Bible.
At this age, the kids do a lot of learning through play. One day I found the kids all together teaching Livvy how to play a matching game. Please don't think for a second that this is how every moment of the day goes! It's actually the opposite some days - it seems like all our time is taken up with learning how to get along. Those days are H-A-R-D! But sometimes it is like this, and so of course I smile and take a picture to prove it happens!
I'm thankful for the time with my littles and I really love that we've had the chance to homeschool.

0 comments:
Post a Comment