Friday, August 09, 2013

Three in One (Room, That Is)

It wasn't long after Nathan came home that I was sitting in the boys bedroom with them, waiting for them to fall asleep, and the thought came to me:

"We could totally get another crib or toddler bed in here!"

Brad just laughed when I said it...little did he know what was just around the corner for our family!!

When Hannah came home we set up the crib in our room, which is where she has been for the last six months.  It was perfect for bonding and definitely the right choice for our family.

A couple of weeks ago I casually asked Brad when he thought we would move the crib in with the boys.  In my head I was thinking maybe in 6 months or maybe even longer.

Sometimes Brad and I are on the same page.  Sometimes we are on different planets!  This was one of those times.  

"How about tonight?" he said.

I laughed, then realized he was serious!

After a bit of discussion, we decided to make the move.  I trust his judgement about stuff so if he thought it was time, then I was up for it!

The crib was moved, and so began the Great Transition of 2013 (well, the second one...after Hannah's homecoming!).


When you think of three kids under 5 sharing a room, what do you imagine?  Yep, that's about how it's been!  In all fairness, it hasn't been as bad as I expected.  We've had a few really rough nights with everyone awake but for the most part the boys still sleep through and Hannah only wakes up once...to come into our bed :)  One step at a time I figure!  We started putting her to bed and not staying, and although at first it was really rough, now she falls asleep in less than 10 minutes.  I know the day will come when she's not waking up for us, and I will miss these nighttime snuggles.  

0 comments: