We had wanted to try camping with the kids but hadn't gotten around to it yet, until this weekend! Truthfully I was a bit scared that it would be awful :) But we thought we'd give it a try in our backyard first, so that if it was terrible we could just go inside and pretend it never happened.
We started with dinner...
...and ended the meal with marshmallows (the kids didn't want them cooked and I was pretty glad about that - they get in such a mess when they eat cooked ones!)
Then it was playtime! In the tent...
...the sandbox...
...helping little sister on the slide...
...and just hanging out!
A few spins around the yard...
...and finally it started getting dark enough that we could go to bed!
I was exhausted and ready to sleep by 9pm!
The kids took a while to wind down, but at long last
we were all asleep
in our cozy little tent!
I was thrilled that the kids slept so well. Hannah woke up once to go potty, which is pretty normal for her. Other than that, we all stayed tucked into our beds until almost 7am. Success!
Saturday was filled with laundry, bath time (filthy children!), more laundry, playing outside, napping, putting everything away, and of course popsicle time with Daddy! I think the aftermath of camping is my least favorite part. In a couple of weeks we are hoping to try out a real campsite for a couple of nights. The boys are so excited and surprisingly, so am I!

3 comments:
Love this. You are a good mama. I usually leave the camping to Brad. We also are planning a real camping trip when the weather cools off. Hope it goes as well as yours did.
Kids love camping. It's work for the parents, but I always love kids' faces when they are camping - they are usually so happy! So glad to see that your kids enjoyed it AND that you are planning another trip soon!!
Brilliant Idea to practice first in the yard!!
Post a Comment